Wednesday 31 August 2011

Ilkeston U19 1-1 Pinxton U19 ( Mini Shield)

Wednesday 31st August 2011 -- kick off 7:45pm

Ilkeston are new to the Baris North Midlands U19 league, and it certainly showed as far as the organisation went.  £2 car park?  No programme? No tannoy. No team sheet.......you have to take my word that I was at the New Manor Ground -- although I did check in at Coronation Park to check the game HAD actually been switched from there.

Up until a couple of days ago, the Ilkeston U19 were going to play at Eastwood, but that deal fell through.  So I turned into the car park at the NMG to be greeted by a sign "Car Park £2" ....... I turned straight around and parked on the street for nowt. 

Paid my £2 to get in and asked for a couple of programmes only to be told "we don't do one for U19 games"..... well, as far as I know they should, and also as far as I know, they may be fined for not doing so. 

Watched the game in the company of Tony Squires, and met up with Pinxton's Glenn Clarence and Ed Byrne.  "Wheelchair" Trev Williams appeared towards the end of the game, and informed me that his mum passed away last week after a very lengthy illness. Condolences Trev.....

The first half ended 0-0, but there were plenty of chances, mostly to the home team who didn't seem to want to put the ball in the onion bag for some reason or other....

Pinxton went in front on 68, their no. 6 GREGG MARRIOT smashing a beauty past the home keeper from 25 yards ..... the keeper was only about 5 yards off his line, but had absolutely no chance of stopping the ball as it sailed over his head and into the back of the net.

With 60 seconds left on the clock, and after some heroic Pinxton defending, the home team levelled through LIAM WOODWARD wearing their no 10 shirt.  He carved his way past three players before slotting home from 15 yards. F-T 1-1

Honours even - no idea how the Mini Shield works, but I will be going to see more Academy level football - the F.A. Youth cup and Baris League......but probably not at the NMG.

Admission £2
Programme - none produced
Car Park £2 - no thanks
Coffee £1 - no thanks
Attendance H/C 75

Ilkeston -- this is U19 football - everywhere else it's £2 to get in,  free programme,  free parking. At the moment I can't see me making many visits to watch Ilkeston U19 during the coming season...