Friday 15 July 2011

Stags 1-2 Pies

Friday 15th July 2011 -- PSF 

I know that pre-season games are not supposed to be taken too seriously, but someone should have tried telling these players.  Nasty tackles, bad sportsmanship, even a suspected broken ankle? Local derby, passion - ok, but come on, this was a "friendly" although sadly, by name only. 


Both teams were less than entertaining throughout the game - Connors goal was well taken, but Smith's penalty was poor - and some defensive lapses gave away the Pies' goals.



Can Stags fans take anything from the game? I don't think so. Lindon Meikle had a decent game - played for 87 minutes - Adam Murray played ok - but they made so many changes ... goodness gracious me - Coxy changed 9 players ( I think).  God only knows how many the Pies changed!  All in all a poor game, by any standards.  Was with Rob Waite (again!) and Mick Cook - I'd have hated watching that on my own - at least I had someone to talk to !!

Missed penalty ( Adam Smith 22)
Connor goal (26)
Bishop goal (28)
Bencharif goal (?)
Attendance 2353 (622)
Admission £10

Link to Notts County report.. 

Rob in da Hood : the sequel