Saturday, 30 July 2011

Hucknall Town 4-0 Hucknall Rolls Leisure

Saturday 30th July PSF

Despite their well publicised plight, most of the Hucknall Town squad that Tommy Brookbanks had put together before the financial meltdown was announced, have stayed with the club.  Keeper James Lindley was unavailable for this game, but has turned down a lucrative move to stay at Watnall Road.

Loyal Yellows
The ground was bathed in bright sunshine as the game kicked off,  Evo-Stik South Division Town taking on their rivals from a few hundred yards down the road.

Rolls play in the Notts Senior League Senior Division, but are hoping to take the step back into the pyramid next season, after leaving the CML a couple of years ago.  The CML is once more an attractive proposition for Leisure - the travelling has been reduced significantly now the league is split into north and south divisions.

The game was fairly even for a while, but GRANT RYAN nipped between Richard Harrison and James Needham on 13, and delicately diverted the ball past Neil Waters in the Rolls goal.  Looks a real class player does Ryan, and although he may want to stay loyal to Town and to Tommy, teams are always looking for class strikers, and if one made the right offer, you never know......

CARL WESTCARR raced through on goal after 23 minutes after beating the offside trap - the pacy midfielder remained calm and deftly slotted past Waters to double the Yellows' advantage.

At the other end, Town keeper Damien Clark pulled off a great save from an Anthony Wallis effort, the recovered well to foil Kyle McDermott's follow up.  Wayne Duik made a great block with his backside soon after, but it was the home team who scored the next goal, this time GRANT RYAN converting from the spot after Westcarr had been tripped in the box by Harrison.  

Duik blocks


So 3-0 at the break, and whether the heat was to blame, or the usual multi-changes in personnel, but the second half left a lot to be desired.  Rolls had changed their 4,5,6,7 and 8 in the first half, whilst Town started the second half with all their named subs on the field.

Only one goal in the half - a cracking drive by JOEL GOODACRE, after some neat tricky wing play and a pin-point cross from Nick Ghislanzoni found him on the edge of the box.  Waters did well to get a hand to the shot, but it was so fiercely hit that he was unable to prevent it nestling in the back of the net. F-T 4-0

Yellows -- Westcarr, Ryan and Goodacre .. all on the mark
Admission £3
Attendance 120-130 h/c including one really nice looking bird!!